FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you offer trade discounts?Yes! Designers and members of the trade are a very important to us. We strongly believe in developing a long lasting partnership with our trade members and do what we can to support them in their projects. To become a member of our trade program, complete the form on our trade inquiry page and we will get you set up!
Can you place a hold on this product for me?Given the nature of our handmade and one-of-a-kind vintage products, we can only hold a product for 24 hours. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours we will release the product back to the public. For product hold inquiries, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will it take to receive my order?Unless otherwise noted, all orders are packaged and shipped within 48 hours of your order placement. All in-stock, non-furniture and art orders are shipped via UPS. The pricing for your shipment is quoted at checkout.
Can I track my order?Yes, once your order has shipped, we will share the UPS tracking number with you, located in your order profile.
How do I care for my item?Each product has specific care instructions. Please refer to the product page for specific instructions for cleaning & storage.
I inherited vintage rugs from my relatives that are worth a lot of $, can I sell them to you?Unfortunately we do not purchase rugs from the public.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
US SHIPPING POLICYUPS Ground is our shipping standard for the majority of items as it is most cost-effective for our customers. You also have the option to expedite shipping by upgrading to UPS 3-day. Both shipping methods are quoted at checkout. Non-vintage furniture and art is typically handled by a third party delivery service provider. They will make contact directly to schedule home delivery for your items. Lead time for furniture pieces will vary depending on availability. You can find specific shipping estimates on each individual product page. Backorder dates are subject to change. As our artwork is custom, please expect 4-6 weeks from the date of your order. During seasons of high volume, this time frame may increase. To ensure safe arrival of our larger art pieces, these items will be shipped on a crate and delivered to your front door. The shipping cost does not include inside delivery or debris removal. Please note for select furniture items delivered to remote/obscure locations or the following states: MT, CT, WY, ND, SD, NE, MA, KS, FL, MI, ID, additional shipping fees may be invoiced in order for the item to be shipped & delivered. These fees will be determined at the time of fulfillment. If you have any questions regarding whether your location falls into this category, please contact us at email@example.com prior to placing your order. In-stock items are shipped within 1-2 days of order placement. During holidays and major sales, please allow an additional 2-3 business days. If you have any special shipping needs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPINGInternational shipping is available for the majority of products and will be quoted at checkout. At this time, we are not able to provide international shipping for artwork or furniture.
GENERAL RETURNS POLICYDue to the vintage, one-of-a-kind nature of our core products, all custom orders, all furniture, vintage textiles, linens, home decor, artwork, books, lighting, and apothecary items are final sale. All rug returns will incur a 15% restocking fee, with balance as store credit. Any advertised promotions or discounts are only valid in the timeline in which they are held and cannot be applied to past or future orders. Please also note that sale items are not eligible for return. Each item at The Vintage Rug Shop is lovingly selected by hand. Our vintage products may contain blemishes, wear, or imperfections, which gives each piece its one-of-a-kind appeal. Our prices are a reflection of the condition of each item, so please consider this when making your purchase.
DAMAGED GOODSWe take every precaution to ensure that your order arrives safely. Although it’s rare, damages can still occur. Please notify us within 48 hours of any damage or defect so our team can provide effective and prompt solutions. For large furniture deliveries handled by a third-party carrier, we ask that you fully inspect the packaging and note any signs of wear and tear before signing the BOL. Please do not accept the item if there are obvious signs of damage and contact us immediately. Furniture that is refused at delivery for reasons beyond transit damages or factory defects will be issued a store credit for the item only. The customer will incur a 15% restocking fee and will be responsible for any additional shipping costs related to returning the product. Shipping and handling charges will only be returned to the customer if we are unable to provide repair or replacement to items damaged in transit or by factory defect.
COLOR VARIANCEOur team works diligently to provide images and descriptors that are a true representation of our merchandise; however, the color balance on computer screens and other outside factors can play a role in how the hues come across. Please reach out to us before purchasing if you have additional questions about the color.
BACKORDERSOur team works hard to maintain & display accurate lead times for all of our products, however backorder dates and lead time estimates are subject to change. High demand, production delays, and port congestion are the most common reasons for changes in backorder dates and lead times. Once we receive your order, our team will contact you with the most accurate time estimates for fulfillment. In the event the backorder date listed at the time of purchase is significantly different (12 weeks or more) than the manufacturer’s current ETA, we will notify you of the discrepancy and offer 24 hours to cancel the order. However, once your order is placed with the manufacturer, the order will be non-refundable, regardless of any further delays.
COVID-19 SHIPPING DELAYSDue to the ongoing global pandemic, production and transit times are severely impacted. Please expect longer delays than usual. We will do our best to provide updated timelines as noted by our vendors. Thank you for the continued patience and support!
- To improve customer service Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- User Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- User Content that displays, describes or encourages usage of any product We sell in a manner that could be offensive, inappropriate or harmful to Us or any user or consumer;
- User Content that may impinge upon or violate the publicity, privacy or data protection rights of others, including pictures, videos, images or information about another individual where you have not obtained such individual's consent;
- User Content that makes false or misleading statements, claims or depictions about a person, company, product or service;
- User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; and
- Viruses, malware of any kind, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or code.
- download, modify, reproduce, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, sell, rent, license, or in any way commercially exploit any portion of this Site, except and to the extent expressly permitted under these Terms;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice contained in or on the Site;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of this Site;
- collect any information about other users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to solicit and/or share reviews with other users;
- reformat or frame any portion of any Web pages that are part of this Site;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- create or transmit to other users unsolicited electronic communications, such as "spam," or otherwise interfere with other users' enjoyment of the Site;
- submit to this Site any content that falsely states or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by us;
- transmit or upload to this Site any item containing or embodying any virus, worm, defect, malware, Trojan horse, software bomb or other feature designed to damage or degrade in any manner the performance of this Site, any other Web site, or any computer or other device or system, or the enjoyment of this Site by any user;
- use this Site to violate the security of or gain unauthorized access to any computer or computer network or other device or system (including unauthorized attempts to discover passwords or security encryption codes);
- submit to this Site any content that is unlawful or facilitates, constitutes, promotes or encourages illegal activity; or otherwise use the Site to transfer or store illegal material, including any material deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any User Content offered on this Site other than for your personal, non-commercial use;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large data or traffic load on this Site or the IT infrastructure used to operate and make this Site available; or
- use this Site and/ or any User Content, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law.
Our soft reopeningAs The Vintage Rug Shop storefront reopens, our top priority is to create a safe in-person shopping experience for everyone. For now, we are only offering curbside pickup for online orders and private appointments for in-store shopping.
Curbside PickupWe offer free curbside pickup for our local customers. If you would like to use this service, please call us at 510.710.1726 to place the order with our team. Curbside pickup orders will be available same day unless otherwise specified.
Private shopping appointmentsWe’re excited to welcome you back into our store! You can now book a private shopping appointment during store hours. Enjoy a peaceful, personalized shopping experience with one of our retail team members. Private appointments are available 10am to 5pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
Health & Safety MeasuresWe are committed to following Alameda County’s reopening guidelines to ensure the health of our employees and customers. Here is what you can expect:
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering during curbside pickup or before entering the store.
- We are adhering to social distancing mandates with all in-store visitors and limiting the number of people allowed in the store at a time.
- Our team is disinfecting all high-touch surfaces throughout the day and following a stringent hand washing policy based on CDC guidelines. As an additional precaution, we are also conducting regular employee screenings.
- We will continue to accept only contactless forms of payment, including credit, debit, and tap payment methods.
- We respectfully ask that all guests use the no-touch hand sanitizer station or wear gloves before touching the merchandise. We are more than happy to provide a disposable mask and gloves to our customers.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been potentially exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you postpone your visit with us.