Position: Retail Sales Associate
Supervisor: Owner/Store Manager
The Vintage Rug Shop is a home furnishings & decor lifestyle brand that is recognized as the destination for shopping effortless California interiors. In August 2019 the owner, Brittany Chinaglia, brought the successful online store to its first ever physical storefront in the heart of Temescal Oakland, CA, and our team is growing!
We are currently seeking a Retail Sales Associate who is professional, upbeat, stylish, & has an interest in home decor. The ideal candidate is able to drive sales, build long lasting relationships with our guests, maintain inventory accuracy, and assist the Store Manager with daily operations.
- Create an inclusive and warm environment for all guests.
- Take an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement, suggestive selling, and ensuring the highest level of service, promoting trust and integrity with all guests.
- Drive business by emailing clients about new arrivals, utilizing our wish-list tracker and by encouraging memos to solidify a sale.
- Foster relationships with current stylists/designers in our trade program and encourage new ones to join.
- Process various transactions using our POS system.
- Become an expert in our product knowledge in order to answer customer questions with ease.
- Restock merchandise and maintain a tidy sales floor.
- Complete in-store and online order fulfillment. Ensure safe & secure packaging so items arrive safely.
- Daily management of private appointments and curbside pick-up using Acuity and scheduling system.
- Maintain inventory accuracy, work alongside the Store Manager to research and document any discrepancies.
- Owns personal development; actively listens and accepts feedback, direction and guidance.
- Be highly organized and a multi-tasker who handles change seamlessly.
- Represent The Vintage Rug Shop as a brand ambassador.
- Partner with the Store Manager on ideas to grow the business through our storefront.
- Pass on any product feedback to Store Manager and Owner
- Assist with in-store events, once we are cleared to do so
- 2+ years of retail experience preferably in home decor or interiors. Contemporary + Luxury experience preferred.
- Ability to work weekends and some holidays (We are closed Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas + New Year’s Day)
- Knowledge of point of sale systems and eCommerce integrations
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and problem solving skills
- Show strong styling and merchandising skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be a team player and have the ability to work with many personality types
- Have exceptional time management skills
- Must live in the Bay Area and have dependable transportation
- Ability to lift and mobilize large items, up to 50 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
SALARY + BENEFITS
This is a part time position (~24 hours/week) located in Oakland, CA. We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience and discounts on merchandise. This role has potential to become full time with more benefits available.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email the following to email@example.com, subject line: Retail Sales Associate. In your email, please include the following:
- Cover Letter: in the cover letter, please tell us a bit about yourself, why you fit the description, why you’d make a great addition to our team, and how The Vintage Rug Shop fits into your career path.
- Link to Instagram and LinkedIn