The Vintage Rug Shop is a home furnishings & decor lifestyle brand that is recognized as the destination for shopping effortlessly Californian interiors. In August 2019 the owner, Brittany Chinaglia, brought the successful online store to its first ever physical storefront in the heart of Temescal Oakland, CA, and our team is growing!
We are currently seeking a retail store manager who is organized, professional, upbeat, stylish, & a proven leader. The ideal candidate will have exceptional sales skills, be a strong team leader and motivator, and carries a solid experience in retail management. This person will have a high level of integrity and an excellent work ethic. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to handle the day-to-day responsibilities of managing a retail store, cultivating a motivated team, and adept at building strong and lasting customer relationships. This person will be an integral part in the success of our retail presence.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer service, promoting trust, integrity, and superior performance standards leading by example
- Demonstrate product knowledge, ensure all team members are experts on product and the brand
- Manage in-store order fulfillment
- Spearhead in-store events
- Manage Visual merchandising the store in accordance to merchandising guides & strategies
- Maintain systems and accuracy of records associated with cash, receipts, inventories and employee attendance
- Manage and support stock levels and communicate to Owner on inventory needs and re-orders
- Implement and maintain all merchandising guides and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Support management in store performance analysis, daily/monthly goals, and analyze sell through trends
- Train, coach, and empower staff to exceed individual and store sales goals
- Develop leaders and build a high-performance team with strong emphasis on the client experience and suggestive selling
- Owns personal development; actively listens and accepts feedback, direction and guidance
- Be highly organized and a multi-tasker who handles change seamlessly and gets everyone on board quickly
- Represent The Vintage Rug Shop as a brand ambassador and proactively cultivates a community to increase brand awareness
- Develops & Implements in-store strategy to grow local client contact & email list
- 4+ years of retail management experience preferably in home decor or interiors
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of point of sale systems and eCommerce integrations (Lightspeed Retail and Woocommerce is a plus)
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Show strong styling and merchandising skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be a team player and have the ability to work with many personality types
- Have exceptional time management skills
- Must live in the San Francisco area and have a dependable car
- Ability to lift and mobilize large items, up to 50 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
SALARY + BENEFITS
This is a full time position located in Oakland, CA. We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, 401(K) participation, paid vacation, and discounts on merchandise
HOW TO APPLY:
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Retail Store Manager. In your email, please include the following:
- Cover Letter: in the cover letter, please tell us a bit about yourself, why you fit the description, why you’d make a great addition to our team, and how The Vintage Rug Shop fits into your career path.
- Link to Instagram and LinkedIn