Summer was *almost* right round the corner, until a random winter storm hit earlier this week! There’s even snow in Tahoe! We are going to sneak in a BBQ this weekend, Antonio has been perfecting his chicken wings and I have to admit, they’re SO good.
The transition into warmer weather is easily one of my favorite times of the year. I being able to enjoy the start of summer with my family and friends!
I’ve put together a quick list of entertaining essentials that will make your summer events quick, classic, and have you looking pulled together!
- String lights, to set the mood and transition seamlessly from day to night. These ones from World Market have a solar panel attached , so you don’t even have to stop mid-conversation to turn them on.
- Pizza stones are great because they are heat-resistant up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit and can be used in the oven and on gas and charcoal grills! As you may know, our vintage 1950’s oven doesn’t work, so we make our pizza on the grill! A pizza stone is especially ideal if you love to add fresh ingredients to your pizza (like arugula and prosciutto, a favorite over here!). The great thing about pizza stones is that they start seasoning over time so the more you use it, the more flavor it gives to your food.
- Marshmallow Roasting sticks (well, technically they are just roasting sticks, but they have an extension function so little hands don’t need to get as close to the fire!) – ideal for kids and grown ups. And nothing quite yells “summer” more than roasting marshmallows for s’mores!
- Stainless steel BBQ set, with all of the essentials plus more needed for a great evening outside.
- Stemless recyclable plastic cups – they look great and the “summer set” comes with a lid that makes it easy to transport your wine! Also this acrylic barware from CB2 has a great shape and size for other non-wine drinks.
- An outdoor lantern to give you even more lighting, especially on table tops. This one has an incredible modern, sleek design and comes in different colors! And bonus, it is rechargeable AND has a USB port so that your guests can charge their phones!
- A cool-looking fire pit to roast all those marshmallows – and also keep you and your guests warm when your parties run late into the night.
- Melamine dinner plates that are durable – and so pretty! – to last you all season long. These cream ones from Anthropologie are a great neutral, but for the color lovers, the colorful, fun ones are great!
- Very cool – and also disposable – matte black silverware!
- The prettiest buffalo check napkins! You know how I love my buffalo check.
What do you think? Any other summer essentials you are eyeing this season?